Thursday, June 2, 2011

SUMMER IS HERE!!!

I am finally done! My students are finishing up finals, grades are entered, my room is packed, and I have one foot out the door. This year has gone by both fast and slow. Usually the end of the year is bitter sweet, but this year I am so thankful it is over!

I won't miss all of the drama in the department, or the teenage drama that freshman ALWAYS have! I definitely won't miss having to pump in my classroom while trying to eat, grade papers, answer emails, and relax all at the same time. I also won't miss having to get up at 5am every morning just so I can be out of the house by 7. I am sure my 2 kids won't miss hearing "Hurry up, we are running SO late!!!"

Don't' get me wrong...I love teaching...I just really enjoy my summers off!

I plan on spending my summer outside with my 2 amazing monsters. Our pool is ready to blow up and fill with water, our small play set has been cleaned, and the basketball hoop has been set up (by that I mean bring it out of the basement).

I am also looking forward to improving my sewing skills (ok, so I have made a few cloth wipes so far...) and make clothes for Daily. I have tons of fabric, and can't wait to get started. I promise to post pictures when I finish them :-)

I also hope to increase my cloth diaper stash this summer. I plan on entering as many giveaways as I can find, and see how many items I can win. I have won 2 different diapers in the 2 months I have been entering, and I LOVE both diapers I have won so far. I feel this is one of the best ways to try out different diapers. I plan on buying more of the diapers I won! Check my blog often, as I will be posing all the giveaways I enter here (currently they are on my main page, but I will be moving them to my giveaway tab soon.)

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read this, and I hope you come back soon to see what else I have to say :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment