Monday, August 29, 2011

Flooding in Vermont

My family lives in Vermont and was hit hard by Hurricane Irene. Rutland (just down the mountain from my parents) is cut off from the rest of the the state. There are no hevicles going in or out. The road my parents live off has been washed into the river. The road to my sisters house is also washed into the river. I can't imagine how long it is going to take for roads to get rebuild and for life to start moving "normal" again...

The firt clip is the road by my parents house. During the night, the rest of the road washed into the river. I have several friends in the Rutland area and I can't believe all the water in the streets!!!




This is the road to my sisters house...It is crazy to think that I was just driving these roads last month...
Rte7 south


Here is the base lodge at Killington
Killington

No comments:

Post a Comment